Sunday, March 21, 2010

Moving and other things I wish would just do themselves

Grades are coming in. I managed to somehow earn a B in my pre-calc class which I spent the entire term whining about because I was absolutely convinced I was going to fail. I even learned a thing or two.

The rest of my grades should come in early next week. In the meantime, Seamus and I are in the process of getting our finances together in preparation for the application process on a cute little townhouse we both have agreed is "the one" we want to pursue. The price couldnt be more right, the location is acceptable and the kitchen and outdoor spaces are superior to others we'd been considering. Not to mention some sweet-ass move-in promotions the manager is offering - oh and a swimming pool.

Our beach trip was excellent. We spent 3 awesome days cooking, relaxing, playing bocce ball and just generally enjoying each others company. It was just what the doctor ordered, however, it made coming back to Portland and having so much to deal with and get done here seem less appealing than ever. He and I have agreed that we wish it was 30 days from now - with both of us into the swing of school, moved in and settled down. In my mind, it is the exact situation I have been craving for a long time now.

The interesting thing is that what Ive really been longing for is to move out of the neighborhood I once loved and vowed to never leave. The coveted Belmont/Hawthorne neighborhood that many Portlanders pay a lot of money to live in or near. Initially, the draw to this area was that the neighborhood is full of establishments I frequent and the fact that the majority of my friends all live within walking distance of each other here. But what living here has become is a constant struggle against the temptation to let my social life take priority over school and goals Ive set for myself and am too damn stubborn to not meet. The neighborhood Seamus and I have chosen to move to - the Brooklyn neighborhood - is just close enough to and just far enough away from this area to be a nice comfortable medium, I think.

Holy crap I just realized I have a new episode of Lost on the DVR to watch. Obviously, my priorities are in order.

Smoochies.

No comments: