Monday, March 15, 2010

Dear World:

Well apparently I have no motivation for anything productive whatsoever lately. So, I'll just update you in a very matter-of-fact way with the new things going on lately, because Im pretty sure thats all I can be bothered with at this time of extreme laziness in my life:

  • Seamus is enrolling in culinary school and I am so proud of him. He's had a passion for cooking for a long time, but hasnt necessarily felt like cooking was his calling. So, he discovered the Art Institutes culinary program, which covers all of the cooking basics as well as necessary business aspects needed to run ones own restaurant, which I think is more of what he's interested in. So he is very excited and I am very proud.

  • We have been searching for apartments around town and have narrowed the search down to two pretty similar places. One is better than the other on the inside, while the other is better on the outside. One has a superior kitchen (which is a huge deal to us) and the other is in a better location in the neighborhood (which is more important to Seamus than to me). Anyway, either way I think we will both be happy with the outcome and we are both very excited to have a new little place all our own. I am very excited to finally be able to pull all my stuff out of storage and have a place to call my own for the first time in what feels like forever.

    Unfortunately, this week is finals week and I spent last week sick in bed and have an overwhelming urge to just crawl back in it and not get out until spring term. But, I have one more final to complete and no motivation to study for it. However! Immediately after my last final on Wednesday afternoon Seamus and I are leaving for the beach where we've rented a condo right on the sand for 3 days and I can definitely get motivated for that! In the meantime, I think I will medicate myself with a cheeseburger...

    xoxo
  • No comments: