Monday, September 12, 2011

Oh hey

Here's a funny thing: I have several blog posts half-written and havent finished or posted any of them!

Bringing everything up to speed is out of the cards at this point so lets gloss over the details and do a Cliffs Notes version:

  • Still working for small, family-owned company. There is much to say about this later.

  • Gearing up for school: Im currently registered for 11 credits for Fall Term: Chemistry 104, Plane Surveying and Fluid Mechanics. Im ONE credit shy of being considered a full time student and that is fucking LAME. Admittedly, I dont exactly know how being one credit shy of full time will affect my financial aid, but Im pretty sure it will in a way that is decidedly negative.

  • Seamus and I just celebrated 2 years of togetherness. Ive been largely absent from this blog for the majority of our relationship, so it may seem like that came out of nowhere - and even being fully present in the relationship, it feels like a super quick 2 years - but all is well. Obviously, things are never perfect or completely easy, but all is well.

  • Neck things seem to be in the past. Surgery went well, and although my scar is bigger and darker than I would like it to be (I was a bad girl and didnt always protect it from the sun this summer), Im healed and healthy.

  • In an unbelievably frustrating turn of events, my anxiety is making an unwanted comeback in my life. I want to chalk it up to having a lot going on, and I hope that once I get things rolling and into a groove, I will calm the fuck down. For now, Ive been coping in a way that I know is horrible - by drinking to numb the nerves. Well, maybe part of me is drinking to numb the anxiety and part of me is stressed the hell out and just needs a drink. Either way, an overwhelming majority of me wants to be drinking lately and its not good. Seamus has taken to calling me Murtaugh because I am constantly telling him "Im getting too old for this shit."

    Lots and lots of other things are on my mind. Who knows if I will have time to post them here when school starts - between going to class, working 32 hours per week, taking an online class, homework and studying, who knows if I will have time for anything ever again!

    We shall see!
  • 2 comments:

    Notebook said...

    I love updates! :)
    Miss you every day! Hugs and kisses!
    Ingunn.

    Alexis said...

    Hey! It's awesome you posted.

    * Taking pictures on the phone- my experience exactly the same - the blackberry camera sucks yet the feature that is least likely to not work, like more reliable than a text, is that post-a-pic-to-facebook one, right?

    * I just had an interview about developing a play (the play, really) and when they asked me, you know, what do i want the audience to get out of it, I almost, for half a second, felt concerned that I didn't know what my answer was going to be. But then i just jumped ahead and said, "[it's] about Anxiety, right? so...."

    I guess my point is that if I think any experience is universal, it's fucking anxiety.

    And I am also drinking too much. Yes!

    You are awesome.

    -Alexis