Monday, August 11, 2008

Wak’m & Stak’m

If you find yourself wondering what the key ingredients to one kickass weekend are, let me fill you in:
  • Roller Derby. Saturday night was the championship bout for the Rose City Rollers and our favorite team, The Heartless Heathers, took first place! Hot chicks on roller skates - scantily clad and kicking ass - are key to good times. I recommend bringing the flask though, as PBR was going for $5.25 a cup.
  • Karaoke. After roller derby I stopped in at the Alibi to throw down some quick Journey. I tried to pull out Wheel in the Sky but forgot about all the little intricacies in repeating the chorus over and over about half way through the song. Turns out that singing Journey songs after three or four years between attempts isn’t necessarily like riding a bike. Then it was off to the Side Street to be humbled by the pool table.
  • Fishing. Sunday morning we woke up and readied ourselves for a short trip up the Columbia on Johnny K’s boat, The Wak’m & Stak’m. Johnny says the boat is famous for being the "fishin-est boat on the Columbia" but we didn’t even get a bite. Instead, the day was spent relaxing in the sun on the river in a pretty fucking kick-ass boat, drinking beer and swimming. Then, you know, we had the poles in the water – just in case. I even got to drive the boat a little, which, fishers of the Columbia, do not worry – wont happen often. Though I’d had a few, nothing will make you feel like you are driving drunk like trying to navigate a boat up a choppy river. It’s much more fun to leave the driving up to the pros who can do the fun stuff like cookies and jumping wakes.

    So uh, fun weekend. I hope I have a few more of those in my future.

    xo
  • 2 comments:

    kungfuramone said...

    Nicely done, C!

    Chrissy said...

    Thanks buddy! Im not sure if I deserved it or not, but it sure as hell felt awesome anyway!

    xo